Thoughts on growing old
February 20, 2018
Posted by on
- Winter isn’t much fun anymore.
- Neither are the really hot days of summer.
- Everything takes longer – even getting out of bed in the morning.
- It’s no longer a mystery how my Dad could take a nap after dinner.
- I’m more concerned that my shoes be comfortable than that they be fashionable.
- Some of the hair that used to grow on top of my head now grows out my ears and nostrils.
- I’ve lived long enough to see my daughter doing things that were ridiculous when her mother did them.
- I’ve had time to make enough mistakes that I no longer get so riled up about other people’s mistakes.
- My messy desk no longer seems cool.
- I don’t look forward to birthdays as much as I used to.
(Thoughts prompted by another birthday coming up in a few days and this post by Jnana Hodson )