The Anabaptist Faith – What is it?
Perhaps it is time to define in simple terms what is meant by the Anabaptist faith. So here is my definition, in point form. I will share further thoughts on these points in future posts.
1. Unadulterated Biblical faith, taking the Bible as a unified book of which all parts point to Jesus Christ.
2. Accessible to all people, regardless of nationality, language or social status.
3. Genuine brotherly love, supporting and serving each other in times of material, emotional and spiritual need.
4. Abhorrence of sin, because it is the one thing that can separate us from God.
5. Servant leadership, without hierarchy. Jesus Christ is the head of the church, no man shall exercise lordship over his brothers and sisters.
6. The use of force is renounced.
7. Moral purity, a commitment to maintaining healthy, happy homes.
© Bob Goodnough, May 1, 2013