The world has changed, due to modern speed of travel a virus that first infected a human being in China a few months ago has now spanned the world. We are all in a crisis situation; we are asked to practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible.
But the world has changed in other ways as well:
- I pay a small monthly fee for unlimited long distance phone calls. Today I talked to a cousin in another city for an hour.
- I can write letters and send them by email. Today I received an email from a cousin I haven’t seen or heard from since we were children.
- I can read the news from across the country and around the world on my cell phone.
- I can deposit cheques and pay my bills online.
- I can buy ebooks online without leaving home.
- I can connect online to my clients accounting software and work on it.
- I can file income tax returns online.
- I can learn almost anything I want online.
- I can write articles and post them on this blog to be read by people far and wide.
- I can send and receive free text and voice messages via WhatsApp or Telegram.
One thing has not changed. I am never isolated from God. We can talk to each other anytime, anywhere.