Cousins who agree (about some things)
January 22, 2020
Posted by on
To set the scene, Ted and I are double first cousins — our fathers were brothers and our mothers were sisters. The average of our ages comes to a few months shy of 80. We live in different communities outside of Saskatoon. Yesterday I took my car to the dealer for repairs and it wasn’t done until after one. I went to a fast food restaurant for lunch and saw Ted sitting with a couple of other guys, his back to me. When I got my food I went and sat with them. Ted and I looked at each other — the shirts we were wearing were identical! Both made of plaid material like this:
How did this happen?
- Ted and I both have impeccable sartorial taste.
- Ted and I are both out of touch with fashion trends.
- Our common genetic heritage has programmed us to prefer subdued colours.
- Our mothers taught us how to choose proper clothes and it has stuck.
- This is just how old guys dress.
- Who cares?
What do you think?