Ten easy ways to squander our spiritual heritage
December 29, 2019
Posted by on
1. Speak often about our goodly heritage but remain tongue tied when asked to explain what it is.
2. Say we believe everything in the Bible, but never read it from beginning to end.
3. Consider a worship service to be a spectator activity.
4. Never volunteer for any task in the congregation.
5. Be quick to notice every mistake made by the minister.
6. Talk often about the foolishness of neighbours, government officials and police officers.
7. Visit only with the brothers and sisters most apt to see things the same way we do.
8. Repeat stories we hear about brothers and sisters without trying to find out if they are true.
9. Take offence when brothers and sisters appear to neglect us.
10. Never talk about our faith to our neighbours, they aren’t interested anyway.
© Bob Goodnough, December 28, 2019