March 19, 2020
Posted by on
Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.
- Jesus is the source of our peace.
- Speak with Him often,
- Listen to what He says,
- Read the Word of God,
- Trust that He cares for us ,
- Take all our cares to Him,
- Leave them there.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies,
bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
- Those who are trying to profit from others fears are not happy people,
- Pray for them.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
- Ignore negative comments about what others are doing.
- Rejoice for every story of unselfish caring.
- Keep in contact with family and friends.
- Do our best to encourage others.
- Pray for our governments,
- Thank God for what they are doing.
- Get some exercise, it is good for the mind as well as the body.
- Take a walk in the fresh air.
March 14, 2020
Posted by on
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
Reading the news can can give one the impression that everything around us is changing, crumbling, ready to collapse. But when I pause to reflect, there are a lot of things in my day to day life that have not changed, and I take courage. Here are a few things that come to my mind:
- The Lord is my shepherd
- My wife, who has stuck with me for almost 50 years
- I am 78 and still in good health
- Our daughter, her husband and our four grandchildren
- Our spiritual family, brothers and sisters who are serving God, but who don’t do everything just right and who are OK with the fact that we don’t either
- The few cousins left whom I have known all my life
- Every opportunity to meet new people
- Young people who choose to follow the Lord
- Our two cats who keep home life interesting
- It’s almost spring and the daylight hours are increasing by four minutes each day