My Reading List
October 30, 2021
Posted by on
Here, in no particular order, are the books which I am currently reading, books that I have begun and intend to finish.
- The North-West is our Mother. The story of Louis Riel’s people, the Métis nation. copyright 2019 by Jean Teillet, published by Harper Collins. (This is Métis history written by a Métis.)
- Beyond Order. 12 more rules for life. copyright 2021 by Jordan B. Peterson, published by Random House Canada
- Hidden Worldviews. Eight cultural stories that shape our lives. copyright 2009 by Steve Wilkins and Mark L. Sanford. published by IVP Academic
- Cathares, la contre-enquête, by Anne Brenon and Jean-Philippe de Tomac. copyright 2008 Éditions Albin Michel (At least a partial corrective to some of the more fanciful views of the Albigenses, or Cathars of southern France in the 12th century, by a lady who has spent a lifetime in researching their history.)
- Stay Salt. The world has changed, our message must not. copyright 2020 by Rebecca Manley Pippert, published by thegoodbook company
- Fault Lines, the social justice movement and evangelicalism’s looming catastrophe, copyright 2021 by Voddie T. Baucham, Jr., published by Salem Books
- Marpeck, a life of dissent and conformity, by Walter Klaassen and William Klassen, copyright 2008 by Herald Press. (Biography of Pilgram Marpeck, an important 16th century Anabaptist thinker and writer.)
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, copyright 1960 by Maya Angelou, published by Ballantyne Books (A memoir)
- Where the Light Fell, copyright 2021 by Philip Yancey, published by Convergent.(A memoir)
- A Biography of Robert Baldwin, The morning star of memory, copyright 2012 by Michael S. Cross, published by Oxford University Press Canada (Robert Baldwin was the first prime minister of the United Provinces of Canada, Ontario and Québec, in 1841; the beginning of elected responsible government in Canada.)
Does this give you some idea of the cluttered nature of my mind? I think I should do this every three months to track how many of these I have completed and how many others I have started.